1. If you could master any skill, what would it be?
It would be acting. It’s funny because when I was little I never dreamed of being an actrice per se, though I did join a drama course - but it was mostly for fun and I knew I wasn’t that good. But while growing up and reading more and more books and watching more and more shows and movies, it started dawning on me that, to me, acting really seems to be the best job. Being able to sort of, live several lives, by playing these characters and playing out their story. Being part of creating something new and putting in your own personal touch. Plus it’s just such a creative job and every time it’s something different! It is challenging and takes lots of rehearsing and text reciting - but man… then you really do can create something. So yeah, I’m extremely jealous of actors/actrices..
2. Do you play a musical instrument?
I do not. I used to play the piano (and before the flute), but I have forgotten all.. Sadness all around!
3. Do you have a favourite smell?
The smell of the forest, my mother’s parfume, IKEA’s vanilla/cinnamon scented candles and the smell after it has just rained.
4. What do you want to achieve in life?
Be completely and utterly happy. More concrete - become a writer, travel the world and be truly, happily married.
5. What is/are your favourite book/s?
`I don´t have a favourite book, I have hundreds.´ - John Green
But to name a few - Pride and Prejudice, the Harry Potter series, North and South, Game of Thrones, The Name of the Wind, A Song of Ice and Fire, the Godfather and Persuasion.
6. Who inspires you?
My mum and this good friend of mine who seems to be ready to conquer the world.
7. Do you have any plans for the Christmas season?
Since I am dreadfully late with answering these, Christmas has just passed. But it was absolutely lovely! We went to my grandparents, had a friend over who couldn’t go home for the holidays so we spoiled her and finally had another two visitors the day after Christmas. All in all, lots of food was eaten and lots of presents exchanged - it was great!
8. What is your favourite time of year?
My favourite time of the year weather-wise is be the beginning of Spring. The time when it finally is warm enough to go outside without a jacket, but it’s still too cold for shorts (I love my long jeans sorry xD). The time where it’s sunny and nice, but not so warm you don’t like running and jumping around because you’ll get too sticky/sweaty. The time when flowers reappear, but you can still expect a storm now and then - which will make the grass smell great - that’s the best.
9. Do you have any beliefs?
Now this question is just not specified enough! ;) Shame on you Megan.. Well, let me see.. If you mean religious beliefs I will answer by saying I am an atheist. As to any other kind of beliefs I might have… I believe everyone deserves their basic Human Rights? I believe in free will and I believe everyone is born “good” - or neutral if you prefer. I believe people’s minds and ideas are shaped by their experiences and the society they live in. I have some strong morals and values that I believe in.. But I guess if I name all of those even infinite scroll wouldn’t be able to handle it. ;-)
10. If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
I have tried to start writing a book several times in my life already. Every time I stop though, either due to writers block or due to the fact that I think the idea is rubbish. What I would love my books to be like is the following ; I would like to create a whole new world, with it’s own map, it’s own language, rules, history, traditions and people. Like Tolkien for example, or like George R.R. Martin. A place to dream about, an escape from reality, a place you’d like to travel to! Though of course it’s not going to be an Utopia - it will have it’s own flaws, otherwise it wouldn’t be any fun -now would it? ;-) But this is a very ambitious idea and I won’t be able to create this any time soon,
if ever. But it’s my greatest wish.
11. If you could meet one person from history, who would it be?
I have had to answer this question before and I have to be honest it’s a real tough one! Trying to answer this regarding “famous people” I sincerely haven’t got the slightest clue. So right now I will go for a more personal answer; I’d take ‘history’ as literal as possible - and say I would like to meet a friend of mine who died a few months ago, and who I would like to talk to just another time.
So… this lovely lady just tagged me. Tagged me! Now I’m all excited about being tagged ‘cause I’ve never been so before.. I know most people find it tedious, but since this is new to be I think I’m allowed total noob excitement as well. So - jeej!
Rule 1- Post the rules.
Rule 2- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3- Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Questions by my-last-exit answered by me;
1. Best song ever?
I keep on coming back to the song “I’ll Be There For You” by the Rembrandts; yes of course this is because of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. :D
2. One quote of your favourite fandom
Hunger Games - Fire is catching! And if we burn, you burn with us!
Harry Potter - I solemnly swear that I am up to no good!
Sherlock - Brainy is the new sexy.
3. If you could go back in time and meet a famous person, who would it be?
On the top of my head? Jane Austen.
4. Do you have a tattoo? If so, where and what?
I do not and will never because I would hate to see it all ugly when I would get older. But I do like simple tattoos other people might have, a small one on your wrist or behind the ear. Of something personal, not just a random flower. But not going as far as a picture of your dead cat of course.
5. What’s your guilty pleasure song?
6. How long have you been on tumblr and why did you start?
Replacement for the place I called my digital home “Quizilla” after it got screwed up. It’s not the same, what I miss is more contact with other tumblr people.. But I love it though.
7. Your favourite love story in a movie?
My favourite ‘romantic’ movies (most rom-com) they start off either hating each other or just being friends and only get together at the end. So I guess thats my favourite love story in a movie.. ^^
8. Name one thing you would change if you were king of the world.
I don’t know, I could go with all the clichés of curing cancer, taking away all the wars, etc, etc. But you don’t know what the consequences of that might be, maybe that would cause overpopulation and in its turn that would cause hunger and all other kinds of horrible problems. So I really, really don’t know.
9. What country do you live in?
I live in the Netherlands.
10. PC or MAC?
11. What TV character would you most like to be friends with and why?
That is a hard one! I’m going with Barney Stinson though - I think I would love being a ‘bro’. Maybe I should be more feministic since he’s not known for his good treatment of women, but the girls he’s hooking up with are mostly looking for the same type of deal as he is anyway. Plus we all know now he’s capable of more! And he’s funny, being able to make me laugh is a must in a friend, and he’s very loyal too. To conclude - he is just awesome - you cannot argue with that.
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU: (if you’re tagged in a message)
1. What does your room look like? Describe it.
2. Most beloved non-mainstream singer/band. (Not because I’m a hipster, I just want to know more good artists. :P )
3. Most adventurous thing you’ve ever done.
4. If you could use one act of magic - create something magical/do something magical / charm something/someone, whatever! - what would you do?
5. What is your favourite boardgame?
6. Do you have a re-occuring dream, if so, what is it about?
7. Have you been placed into a house on pottermore? If so - which house are you placed in - and if not.. Which house do you think you would be placed in?
8. What is the most fun youtube video you’ve seen recently? Give the link!
9. Your favourite book, what it is about and why its your favourite. ( No spoilers please, I might want to read it, thats why I’m asking! xD)
10. What would your own fantasy land be called if it existed? (Who says it doesn’t, huh? ^^)
11. What TV Show would you like to be a part? Not acting - but living in their world. + reasoning behind it.
Please use aster109 as a tag, so I can find your answers quickly. ^^